Subscribe to our newsletter!
Editing by Nathaniel Cajuday
- MetaGaming Guild, a Pinoy community-governed organization, revealed the upcoming launch of its free-to-own NFT game, MetaSaga Warriors. This is the guild’s first-ever produced NFT game.
- The game, which is set to launch in the first quarter of this year, is a roguelike NFT dungeon crawler game but its genesis NFTs will be free to mint. This means that MetaSaga Warriors can be played by anyone without prior spending to buy their own NFT.
- During the launch, 10,000 free-to-mint NFTs on the Ethereum blockchain on March 31, 2023, will be available, where 12 of them are individually designed 1-of-1 NFTs. Minting begins at 8 a.m. for Allowlist and 8 p.m. for the public, both Philippine time.
Homegrown community-governed organization MetaGaming Guild (MMG) announced recently that it is set to release its free-to-own non-fungible token (NFT) game, MetaSaga Warriors—which will also be its flagship game—early this year.
Citing that the rise of NFT games only highlighted the “earning” part in the play-to-earn mechanism which resulted in games collapsing in crypto winter, MMG claimed that this upcoming game will implement “a more sustainable approach to gaming by highlighting the ‘fun’ aspect more than anything else.”
MetaSaga Warriors is a roguelike NFT dungeon crawler game but unlike other prior NFT games that required players and investors to purchase a token first before they could start gaming, MMG’s MetaSaga Warriors took another approach as they implemented free-to-mint NFTs into their game. Meaning players can start without spending.
According to its developers, the genesis NFTs of the game, which will also be given away for free, will be considered factory assets as they will be utilized to generate even more in-game NFTs in the future, emphasizing that the “genesis NFTs will hold their value as they are the only ones that can generate the new NFTs and items needed to play the game once it launches officially.”
The game is expected to feature characters with their own unique set of skills called “Diggers,” which are divided into twelve different classes.
As per its lore, the diggers were attracted to a crystal meteor that crashed into the world and crawled down the surface from long ago. Through the persistence and aptitude for arcane magic of the diggers, they were able to develop a technology to stabilize, contain, and control the energy of the crystal meteor which they used to further advance their civilization and will soon reach the core.
Currently, MetaSaga Warriors is open to the public for free as there is no sign-up required to enter. However, the game’s beta version is currently just available on PC browsers while the game will also be available on mobile devices soon.
It is set to launch 10,000 free-to-mint NFTs on the Ethereum blockchain on March 31, 2023, where 12 of them are individually designed 1-of-1 NFTs. According to MMG, the minting begins at 8 a.m. for Allowlist and 8 p.m. for the public, both Philippine time.
“Minting is random which means that anyone has that equal chance to mint 1-of-1 NFTs regardless whether you are whitelisted or not. 1-of-1 NFTs will be minted randomly alongside the other NFTs in the collection. Be sure to get whitelisted to mint earlier than the public,” the developers concluded.
This article is published on BitPinas: MetaGaming Guild to Launch MetaSaga Warriors in 2023 Q1
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.
- SEO Powered Content & PR Distribution. Get Amplified Today.
- Platoblockchain. Web3 Metaverse Intelligence. Knowledge Amplified. Access Here.
- Source: https://bitpinas.com/play-to-earn/metasaga-warriors-2023-launch/