Who needs a makeup brush when you have augmented reality and a custom printer?
Last week during CES 2023, the French beauty company L’Oréal revealed Brow Magic, a new device that is capable of “drawing” eyebrows on your face using augmented reality (AR) technology. The product shows how immersive technology can be useful in not only sampling virtual clothing and makeup but application purposes as well.
Developed in collaboration with printable tattoo specialists Prinker, the unique device features 2,400 nozzles capable of delivering a printing resolution of 1,200 drops per inch. Before printing, L’Oréal’s Modiface AR technology scans your face and offers various recommendations based on your personal results—from microblading and micro-shading to various filler effects—in an effort to “provide consumers with their most precise brow shape in seconds.”
“For L’Oréal, the future of beauty is inclusive. And this future will be made more accessible by technology,’ said Nicolas Hieronimus, CEO of the L’Oréal Groupe. “The two consumer technologies we are unveiling this year at CES represent the true purpose of our company: to create the beauty that moves the world.”
Here’s how to get started:
- Download and install the L’Oréal Brow Magic app.
- Choose your desired face shape, thickness, and effect.
- Physically brush the Brow Magic primer across your brows.
- Scan the Brow Magic printer across your eyebrows in one fluid motion.
- Add the topcoat finish to lock in your look.
“The strength of L’Oréal’s beauty tech program is supported through the quality of our partnerships,” added Guive Balooch, L’Oréal Global Head of Research and Innovation’s Tech Incubator.
“Often, we find a brilliant technology that is being applied to something outside the beauty realm. Combining L’Oréal’s heritage of beauty with these advanced technologies allows us to create entirely new beauty gestures—reimagining the original technology and the traditional beauty experience in the process.”
The L’Oréal Brow Magic printer is expected to launch in 2023 and can be easily removed using any standard makeup remover.
For more information visit here.
Image Credit: L’Oréal Groupe
- SEO Powered Content & PR Distribution. Get Amplified Today.
- Platoblockchain. Web3 Metaverse Intelligence. Knowledge Amplified. Access Here.
- Source: https://vrscout.com/news/this-beauty-tool-lets-you-draw-eyebrows-using-ar/