Sam Bankman-Fried’s mother and brother are not cooperating with the FTX legal team’s investigations into the Bahamans-based exchange’s bankruptcy and misappropriation of customer funds, Wednesday’s court filing claimed.
See related article: Bankrupt FTX exchange has recovered US$5 bln worth of ‘liquid’ assets, lawyers say
- FTX attorneys have requested authorization to issue subpoenas to former top FTX executives and advisors, which include the founder’s brother, mother and father. FTX lawyers claimed that Bankman-Fried’s family members may hold critical information to the recovery of funds.
- Bankman-Fried’s mother and political advisor, Barbara Fried, has allegedly “ignored the requests altogether.” His brother and political advisor, Gabriel Bankman-Fried also hasn’t responded to FTX lawyers.
- Gabriel Bankman-Fried has purchased a multimillion-dollar property using misappropriated customer funds, the filings alleged.
- The filing further alleged that Gabriel Bankman-Fried’s lobbying organization, Guarding Against Pandemics, seeked to influence legislation, endorse political candidates and “coordinated closely with his brother on political donations.”
- According to the filings, Joseph Bankman, Bankman-Fried’s father and close advisor, stated that he and his wife “resided in a US$16.4 million house titled in their names, despite understanding that the house was intended to be the company’s property,” in their visits to the Bahamas.
- Bankman and former FTX chief operating officer Zhe (Constance) Wang are expected to “agree to produce responsive documents.”
- FTX co-founder Zixiao (Gary) Wang and former chief of Alameda Research Caroline Ellison declined to provide the requested information, while FTX co-founder Nishad Singh hasn’t responded, the filings said.
See related article: Will FTX’s collapse decentralize the industry?
- SEO Powered Content & PR Distribution. Get Amplified Today.
- Platoblockchain. Web3 Metaverse Intelligence. Knowledge Amplified. Access Here.
- Source: https://forkast.news/headlines/sam-bankman-frieds-family-members-not-cooperating-ftx-attorneys-court-documents-claim/