DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “North America 2023 IT Salary Survey – Gold Edition” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
2023 IT Salary Survey by company size and metro area: Salaries are up and CIOs are now hiring more IT Pros
IT compensation does not keep up with inflation and hiring slows but still strong
2023 IT Salary Survey by company size and metro area available for immediate download. The analyst has conducted salary surveys of the IT Job market for over 30 years.
The data from this survey has been published in the Computer Industry Almanac, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, eWeek, and many other business and industry publications. In addition, over the years it has been featured on CNN, the Wall Street Journal, and several national and international television and multi-media outlets.
IT Salaries were on the rise. More companies were investing in information technology. The emphasis over the past several years is in both e-commerce and mobile computing. At the same time with the ever-increasing Cyber attacks and data breaches, CIO are looking to harden their sites and lock down data access so that they can protect all of their electronic assets.
The 2023 IT Salary Survey has just been released. Its data shows high demand for IT Pros and inflation is driving up salaries. Median salaries for the positions surveyed now exceed $101K. The data from the survey shows that all salaries for IT Pros in large enterprises went up an average of 3.61%, with most of the major increases at the staff levels.
In SMBs salaries increase were 7.74% across the board with slightly greater percentages for IT executives. The Salary Survey can be ordered separately or with the IT Hiring Kit which contains the 2023 Salary Survey, the Interview and Hiring Kit, and up to 324 full Job Descriptions.
Major findings of the 2023 IT Salary survey are:
- Median salaries for IT Pros in large enterprises are over $102K with executives’ median of $180K
- Salaries for IT Professionals in aggregate rose 5.61% in the past 4 quarters
- Retirements of IT Professionals have increased as more “Baby-Boomers” opt out of returning to work
- Salary compression is occurring as “new hires” are offered salaries at the top end of the pay ranges for existing positions – often paid more than current employees in the same positions
- Total mean compensation for all IT Professionals increased from $95,845 to $101,323
- Attrition rates in mid-sized enterprises are rising faster than in large enterprises
- Salary levels in mid-sized enterprises are rising faster than in large enterprises
- Consultants who augment IT Staff and skills now are in high demand
- Demand has remained highest for IT professionals who support security, Blockchain, Work From Home (WFH), and e-commerce
- Staffing and retention are now a primary priority of C-Level management
Top Paying IT Positions
Large enterprises tend to compensate IT Professionals more than SMBs. The top 10 paying executive jobs are shown in the chart below:
Key Topics Covered:
- CIO Tenure
- Median Age of IT Pros
- Fringe Benefits Summary
- Compensation and IT Job Market Trends
- BLS IT Compensation Analysis
- Mean Compensation IT Executives
- Large Enterprises – Executive Salaries
- Mid-Sized Enterprises – Executive Salaries
- US Federal Government Compensation Cap
NATIONAL DATA – U.S.
- National Unemployment Rate
- Labor Participation Rate
- IT Job Market Analysis
- IT Job Market Size 2021 versus 2022
DEMAND FOR IT PROFESSIONALS
- IT Job Description HandiGuide
- Job Families
- IT Job Family Classification
- Job Description Structure
SUMMARY SALARY SURVEY DATA
STATISTICS PRESENTED BY CITY
- Large Enterprises
- Mid-Size Enterprises
NATIONAL IT SALARY ANALYSIS BY POSITION
- Not available in the Individual City versions of the Salary Survey
- Executive Management Positions
- Middle Management Positions
- Staff Positions
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/etcm29-america?w=4
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900