Bitcoin, Ethereum extended gains in afternoon trade in Asia on Monday along with the top 10 non-stablecoin cryptocurrencies by market capitalization. Cardano rose the most in the last 24 hours, followed by Polygon, BNB and Dogecoin.
See related article: U.S. subpoenas hedge funds in Binance probe: report
- Bitcoin rose 1.53% to US$17,210 at 4 p.m. in Hong Kong on Monday. The largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization has gained 2.85% in the last seven days of trading, according to CoinMarketCap data.
- Ethereum strengthened 3.78% to US$1,311, and has gained over 8% in the past seven days. Most cryptocurrencies have been on a rising streak since the release of latest U.S. jobs data that led to a Wall Street rally.
- Cardano gained the most – up 17.7% to US$0.3257 – and has gained 28.32% in the past seven days.
- BNB increased 6.61% to US$278.13 after gaining over 12% in the past seven days. Polygon’s Matic token rose 6.79% to US$0.8571 while Dogecoin gained 4.22% to US$0.07495.
- XRP rose 2.5% to US$0.349 in Monday afternoon trading and has risen 3.21% over the past seven days. The gain follows Ripple Labs Inc.’s statement that it expects a court decision in the first half of 2023 for the case filed against it by the U.S. Securities Exchange Commission.
- Asian markets gained on Monday as Hong Kong and China resumed quarantine-free travel after almost three years of restrictions. The Shanghai Stock Exchange inched up 0.58% at day’s close while Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index gained 1.89%, and South Korea’s Kospi rose 2.63%.
- Hong Kong on Monday said it will stay on top of development of the Web 3.0 industry in spite of a series of collapses across crypto exchanges in 2022.
- See related article: How Hong Kong and Singapore can make Asia the center of crypto’s future
- SEO Powered Content & PR Distribution. Get Amplified Today.
- Platoblockchain. Web3 Metaverse Intelligence. Knowledge Amplified. Access Here.
- Source: https://forkast.news/headlines/bitcoin-ether-extend-rise-cardano-gains/