- Since launching the first node in late November 2021, LQwD has seen 127 nodes interconnected with more than 130 transaction channels, routing close to 10 Bitcoin through connected channels
- LQwD currently has four active nodes – US-West, Singapore, Germany, and Indonesia
- LQwD’s PaaS was launched November 17, 2021, creating a scalable approach to sending and receiving payments worldwide with lower fees and ease of access on the lqwd.tech platform
- The global cryptocurrency market was valued at USD$1.49 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD$4.94 billion by 2030
LQwD FinTech (TSX.V: LQWD) (OTCQB: LQWDF), an emerging technology company developing payment infrastructure for the layer-two technology – the Lightning Network – has announced the development of a new routing node in Jakarta, Indonesia. The Indonesian node is the fourth routing node released by LQwD on the Lighting Network, joining US-West, Germany, and Singapore. Since launching the first node in late November 2021, LQwD has seen 127 nodes interconnected with more than 130 transaction channels, routing close to 10 Bitcoin through connected channels.
“With a population of more than 260 million and over $50 billion crypto assets reportedly traded, Indonesia is one of the world’s most valuable, untapped, emerging markets, with all the right dynamics for Lightning Network to excel,” LQwD CEO Shone Anstey said, commenting on the launch of the Jakarta node (https://ccw.fm/9KsfX). “Recently, the Indonesia Commodity Futures Trading Supervisor Agency (CoFTRA) announced acceptance to trade in over 200 cryptocurrencies, which will help pave the way for Lightning Network to become one of Indonesia’s preferred platforms for micro-payments and other transactions.”
LQwD’s current Lightning Network statistics, as of March 2, 2022:
LQwD – US – West:
- Capacity: 5.15434564 BTC (USD$226,823.53)
- Channel Count: 90
- Connected Node Count: 88
- 30-Day Capacity Change: 0.417694 BTC (up 8.82%/USD$18,381.16)
- 30-Day Channel Count Change: 7 (up 8.43%)
LQwD – Singapore:
- Capacity: 0.91974242 BTC (USD$40,435.34)
- Channel Count: 23
- Connected Node Count: 22
- 7-Day Capacity Change: 0.090000 BTC (up 10.85%/USD$3,956.74)
- 7-Day Channel Count Change: 2 (up 9.52%)
LQwD – Germany:
- Capacity: 0.96500000 BTC (USD$42,358.07)
- Channel Count: 19
- Connected Node Count: 19
- 7-Day Capacity Change: 0.360000 BTC (up 59.50%/USD$15,801.97)
- 7-Day Channel Count Change: 4 (up 26.67%)
LQwD – Indonesia:
- Capacity: 0.07924242 BTC (USD$3,477.08)
- Channel Count: 2
- Connected Node Count: 2
- 7-Day Capacity Change: 0.005000 BTC (up 6.73%/USD$219.40)
- 7-Day Channel Count Change: 1 (up 100%)
To follow the Lightning Network and the LQwD channels, visit https://1ml.com/.
LQwD’s platform-as-a-service (“PaaS”) offering was launched November 17, 2021, and allows users to send payments instantly, securely, and with lower fees than traditional cryptocurrency payment methods. LQwD has created its PaaS to allow connected businesses to deploy, monitor, and manage nodes with no or low-level technical knowledge required. The company expects that the Lightning Network will force global change and become the monetary exchange of the future, amid a growing cryptocurrency market.
The global cryptocurrency market was valued at USD$1.49 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.8% from 2021 to 2030, being projected to reach USD$4.94 billion by 2030 (https://ccw.fm/1ucjY). The increased number of Bitcoin exchanges across Asia brings a healthy level of competition worldwide – driving the growth of the cryptocurrency market across multiple regions.
The Lightning Network has continually shown explosive growth – with nodes increasing 227% since April 2021, from 10,394 to over 34,000 established. Payment channels have seen a growth of 126%, rising from 38,000 to over 86,000 established since January 2021.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LQwDFinTech.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LQWDF are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ccw.fm/LQWDF
CryptoCurrencyWire (“CCW”) is a financial news and content distribution company that provides (1) access to a network of wire services via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets, (3) enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via IBN (InvestorBrandNetwork) to nearly 2 million followers, and (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, CCW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, CCW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. CCW is where news, content and information about crypto converge.
To receive instant SMS alerts from CryptoCurrencyWire, text “CRYPTO” to 77948 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.CryptoCurrencyWire.com
CryptoCurrencyWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.