Investment in digital asset products reached US$117 million in the week ending Jan. 27 — the highest since July 2022 — with nearly all of that going into Bitcoin-linked products, according to the Digital Asset Fund Flows report from European cryptocurrency investment firm CoinShares.
See related article: Bitcoin trades higher in Nigeria amid cashless economy drive
- Last week’s increase is still a long way behind July 2022’s almost US$400 million weekly investment in such products, which was the standout performance for the past year.
- Total digital assets under management also rose to US$28 billion during the week, a 43% increase from November 2022 lows, according to the report.
- Digital investment product trading volume increased 17% compared to the year-to-date average, with US$1.3 billion traded for the week.
- Most of the weekly investment came from Germany, which accounted for US$46 million, followed by Canada with US$30 million, the U.S. with US$26 million, and Switzerland with US$23 million.
- Bitcoin products accounted for nearly all of this investment at US$116 million, but US$4.4 million also flowed into Bitcoin short positions, which the report said shows some investors are hedging their bets.
- The crypto market has had a strong start to 2023 after a shaky end to last year following the multi-billion-dollar November collapse of Bahamas-based exchange FTX.com.
- Bitcoin’s price increased nearly 40% from Jan. 1 to Jan. 27, it saw a pullback in Tuesday morning trading in Asia, however, and traded 0.6% lower for the past seven days at US$22,866 as of 11:30 a.m. in Hong Kong.
- (Updates throughout to clarify investment refers to digital asset products.)
See related article: Bitcoin mining difficulty hits new all-time high with 4.7% rise
- SEO Powered Content & PR Distribution. Get Amplified Today.
- Platoblockchain. Web3 Metaverse Intelligence. Knowledge Amplified. Access Here.
- Source: https://forkast.news/headlines/january-crypto-investment-reaches-july-2022/