- The Korean proposal is an offer to purchase all of Huobi Global’s stakes in the company.
- Huobi Global’s founder, Leon Li, also has a majority stake in Huobi Korea.
Huobi Global, Justin Sun’s cryptocurrency exchange, has been said to be having financial difficulties and is facing a number of obstacles. As a momentous turn of events, Huobi’s branch in South Korea, Huobi Korea, reportedly opted to split out from the parent company.
Furthermore, Huobi Korea reportedly wants to go out on its own. The Korean proposal is an offer to purchase all of Huobi Global’s stakes in the company. The company also wants to switch the name of its cryptocurrency trading platform.
Struggle Continues For Huobi
Moreover, Huobi Global’s founder, Leon Li, also has a majority stake in Huobi Korea. Cho Kook-bong, CEO of Huobi Korea, is said to be interested in purchasing all shares.
Huobi recently published a so-called “proof of reserves,” which was supported by a reserve ratio of 101%, coinciding with this momentous event. It should be noted, however, that this action was taken soon after questions were raised about the crypto firm’s financial stability in the wake of the tragic failure of the SBF’s FTX crypto exchange.
An earlier report said that 20% of Huobi’s staff will be laid off after confirmation from Justin Sun. In spite of the crypto winter, the exchange managed to attract 20,000 new members every three months, according to an internal notice.
The price of a Huobi token (HT) has dropped by 25% in the previous 30 days. Meanwhile, the price of HT has increased by almost 3 percent in the last day. Presently, it can be purchased for an average of $4.80.
Recommended For You:
Justin Sun Transfers $100M Stablecoins to Huobi Amid Large Withdrawals
- SEO Powered Content & PR Distribution. Get Amplified Today.
- Platoblockchain. Web3 Metaverse Intelligence. Knowledge Amplified. Access Here.
- Source: https://thenewscrypto.com/huobis-korean-division-reportedly-wants-to-go-independent/