It’s a busy year for the esports industry in 2023. From awards ceremonies and showcases to massive tournaments and competitions, there’s plenty for fans to enjoy in the twelve months ahead. It doesn’t matter if you’re a fan of CS:GO, Valorant, Call of Duty, or Rainbow Six. There’s an event for you this year. With this guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about the best esports events in 2023 as we break down the entire year ahead.
Over time, the esports industry is becoming increasingly popular, so investment in the market is increasing. That leads to more tournaments and competitions taking place, more LAN events for players and fans to attend, and more organisations taking on bigger projects. It will be a banner year, with milestones, challenges, and some enormous competitions in the months ahead.
So, let’s take a look at the best esports events in 2023 and determine what you need to be keeping an eye on.
Here are the Best Esports events in 2023
This is our official breakdown of the year ahead, starting with ceremonies related in some way to esports.
Esports Ceremonies in 2023
These are the best ceremonies that will feature esports recognition this year.
- The Game Awards (date TBC)
- Esports Awards (date TBC)
- Global Gaming Awards (6th February)
- DICE Awards (23rd February)
- Gayming Awards (April 2023)
CSGO Tournaments in 2023
Here’s a snapshot glance at the best CSGO tournaments coming in 2023. By numbers alone, CSGO is the most popular esports title when it comes to total players, the number of tournaments, and the volume of esports bets made within the ecosystem.
- BLAST Premier Spring Groups (19th January)
- IEM Katowice 2023 (31st January)
- ESL Pro League Season 17 (22nd February)
- IEM Spring 2023 (17th April)
- BLAST.tv Paris Major 2023 (8th May)
- IEM Dallas 2023 (29th May)
- BLAST Premier Spring Final (7th June)
- BLAST Premier Fall Groups (13th July)
- IEM Cologne 2023 (25th July)
- ESL Pro League Season 18 (15th August)
- IEM Fall 2023 (16th October)
- BLAST Premier Fall Final (22nd November)
- BLAST Premier World Final (12th December)
League of Legends Tournaments in 2023
If you’re a fan of the top League of Legends tournaments, you’ll want to bookmark these events this year. There’s no doubt that League of Legends is one of the most popular esports games in the world, and it draws in more viewers than almost every other game.
- Season Start – LCS/LCK/LPL/LEC (10th – 11th January)
- LPL Spring 2023 (14th January)
- LCK Spring 2023 (18th January)
- LEC Winter 2023 (21st January)
- LCS Spring 2023 (26th January)
- League of Legends MSI 2023 (2nd May)
- LEC Finals 2023 (August 1st)
- LoL Worlds 2023 (1st September)
Dota 2 Tournaments in 2023
Here are the best tournaments to watch out for this year in the space, including the Dota 2 TI for 2023. As an esports title, Dota 2 is immensely valuable, and The International features one of the largest prize pools in modern esports.
- Lima Major (22nd February)
- Berlin Major (TBA May)
- Bali Major (TBA July)
- The International 2023 (TBA October)
Valorant Tournaments in 2023
Valorant boasts some of the best esports tournaments around – here are the best esports events in 2023 for the platform. Over time, Valorant is becoming increasingly popular, meaning more people are watching the tournaments.
- VCT 2023: Sao Paulo (13th February)
- VCT 2023: Americas/PAC/EMEA Leagues (26th March)
- Valorant Champions 2023 (TBA)
Call of Duty Tournaments in 2023
Call of Duty might boast a small ecosystem, but there are plenty of events out there ripe for esports betting. Every year, the Call of Duty League goes live, and it’s one of the longest esports events in the schedule, lasting several months and featuring multiple stages.
- Boston Major (2nd February)
- Texas Major (9th March)
- TBA Major (13th April)
- Toronto Major (25th May)
- Call of Duty League Championship (TBA 2023)
- COD Mobile World Championship (TBA 2023)
PUBG Tournaments in 2023
There aren’t any confirmed PUBG tournaments in 2023, but here’s what we’re expecting. Since the game went free-to-play, PUBG has grown massively in terms of popularity, meaning that the tournaments boast huge prize pools.
- PUBG Global Championship (TBA 2023)
- PUBG Nations Cup (TBA 2023)
- PUBG Continental Series 8 (TBA 2023)
Apex Legends Tournaments in 2023
There are very few tournaments confirmed for Apex Legends in 2023, but here’s what’s coming so far. As one of the leading battle royale titles, Apex Legends enjoys a relatively stacked competitive schedule, but not much has been announced yet.
- ALGS 2023 Split 1 Playoffs (2nd February)
- ALGS 2023 Split 2 Playoffs (8th June)
Rainbow Six Tournaments in 2023
At the time of writing this breakdown of the best esports events in 2023, only one is confirmed for Rainbow Six! There are typically several Majors that land within the space of a year, all of which boast considerably valuable prize pools and high viewership figures.
- Six Invitational (7th February)
StarCraft 2 Tournaments in 2023
Only one event has been confirmed for StarCraft 2 so far heading into 2023. There’s a less concentrated ecosystem for StarCraft 2, but it still remains a popular enough title that still has quite a big draw where esports are concerned.
- IEM Katowice 2023 (8th February)
If that seems like a massive list of esports tournaments coming in 2023, we’ve got even better news for you – that’s not all of the games! There are still tournaments coming for the likes of Fortnite, FIFA, PUBG Mobile, and Call of Duty: Warzone. There’s such a diverse ecosystem present in the esports industry that there’s always something for everyone, and the best esports events in 2023 are a testament to that claim.
For the biggest, heaviest-hitting tournaments for esports betting in 2023, look to these chart-topping events:
- The International (Dota 2)
- League of Legends World Championship
- Call of Duty League Championship
- Valorant Champions
- Six Invitational
- BLAST Premier World Final
These are some of the biggest esports events coming in 2023, boasting multi-million dollar ecosystems, staggering prize pools, and some of the greatest esports talent the world has ever seen. If you’re interested in tuning in to some of the biggest and brightest events this year, make sure you bookmark this page and revisit it for all the dates you’ll need. Remember, the esports industry is ever-changing, and new events and tournaments can pop up at a moment’s notice.
- SEO Powered Content & PR Distribution. Get Amplified Today.
- Platoblockchain. Web3 Metaverse Intelligence. Knowledge Amplified. Access Here.
- Source: https://www.esportsbets.com/news/best-esports-events-2023/